Updated January 27th, 2022
Where user privacy is concerned, this policy has been written to help you understand what information Tow Master collect from users via this website and how this information is then used. In other words it describes how we collect, use and process your personal data, explains what we do with your personal data and how we comply with our legal obligations to you, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements and your choices relating to that data.
Tow Master is owned and operated by Tow Master Ltd. Tow Master are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. By visiting www.towmasteruk.co.uk or www.towmasteruk.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand how we will treat your personal data.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the data controller is Tow Master Limited.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you provide to us
This is information about you that you give us:
- By filling in forms on our site; including contact us and landing page/sign up forms
- By corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise
The information you give us may include your first and last name, address, e-mail address, phone number, plus your occupation and employer.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from
- Our site (including date and time), page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other services we provide.
Cookies served through our website
The specific types of first and third party cookies served through our website and the purposes they perform are described in further detail below:
Essential Website Cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features. These cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the website, meaning you cannot refuse them without impacting how our website functions.
Your browser may have settings allowing you to better manage cookies as well as clearing cookies and browsing data.
Performance and Functionality Cookies
These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our websites but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
Google Analytics and Customisation Cookies
These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand where our web site traffic comes from, behaviour on our website or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our website and applications for you to enhance your experience.
Google analytics collects information in aggregate form such as:
- Demographics of web site users including age, gender, location, interests etc
- Behaviour information (new v’s returning customers and session length)
- Conversions (which can be separate to Adwords conversion goals)
- Device and browser information
And here is a full list and explanation of the Google Analytics cookies used on web sites:
Advertising (Targeting) Cookies
We do not run third party advertising directly on our web site. We also do not currently use any retargeting cookies.
If you enter our web site as a result of a Google pay per click [PPC] advertisement and reach the contact us page this will be tracked via conversion tracking cookies.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- To answer your initial query and conduct any further follow ups
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
We will not sell on your details or contact you using any 3rd parties.
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
Selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- Google Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Tow Master Limited or its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by calling us on 01942 226633.
If you would like your user supplied information to be removed from our systems at any time you can request this via email@example.com
Individuals have the right to object to data being processed at the point of first communication and you can request this via firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The GDPR Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
How long we keep your information
- We keep the information only so long as we need it to provide and fulfill the purposes described in this policy.
- To fulfil any ongoing legal obligations arising from our manufacturing and supply process
When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations we’ll remove it from our systems.
Registered Address: Unit 5, Amber Court, Martland Park, Wigan WN5 0JY
Company No. 4648956 VAT Reg. No. GB 813 0814 62